“A pproved W orkmen A re N ot A shamed”
We meet on Wednesday evenings during the school year, 5:15 pm to 7:00 pm
“Fast Track” will be from 4:00 – 5:00 (This is a time to recite and do extra work)
2 Timothy 2:15 “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
“No School = No AWANA”
If school is cancelled (because of weather or whatever), AWANA is cancelled too.
Other cancellations will be announced by email and on the radio.
Parent Handbook (2016-17)
We are happy that your child will be joining us in AWANA this year. We strive to provide opportunities for all our clubbers to continue to grow in their relationship with God and with fellow clubbers. We want our children to understand that God loves them and wants to have a personal relationship with them. Our hope is that every clubber will place their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives. We want the children to learn to love Jesus passionately, and then to learn to love others as Jesus loved us. AWANA combines Bible memorization with group games, small group lessons and discussions. These personal times to help children grow in their relationship with each other and their small group leaders.
AWANA encourages clubbers and their families to attend worship regularly where they learn to love God. If you do not have a church that you attend, we would have to invite you to visit ours at:
First Baptist Church, Winner SD
Worship Service is at 10:00 am
Sunday School is at 11:15 am
Please support your child’s interest in AWANA by helping with his/her memorization and encouraging their enthusiasm. Through this handbook we hope to inform you about the various activities and phases of AWANA. You are always welcome to visit us on any club night. Please feel free to call us or your child’s leader if you have any questions or concerns about club.
What does it cost?
- First Baptist Church has committed to paying for the books and teaching tools.
- We do ask that parents sign up for snack each week. (There will be a sign up sheet in the Fellowship Hall every night of AWANA)
- We also ask that parents pay for their child’s vest ($12) or T-shirt ($18), and when we have our Grand Prix race, the cars cost $6.00.
If this is a burden for you, we still want your child to attend, but please contact Pastor Bruce.
AWANA Club Rules and Guidelines
- Be Prepared:
- Come prepared to participate and have fun.
- Wear your AWANA uniform and running shoes.
- Bring your AWANA Workbook and Bible.
- Come ready to recite memory verses and work on them.
- Be Considerate:
- Be Kind – treat others the way you want to be treated!
- Be on time – Club starts at 5:15.
- Work quietly in Handbook time while others are saying sections.
- Encourage your teammates during Game Time.
- Treat the Church building with respect – it belongs to the Lord.
- Be Safe:
- Walk at all times (except at Game Time).
- Remain inside until your parents pick you up. (Parents – please pick up and drop off your child at the main entrance).
- Be Obedient:
- Practice the art of LISTENING to your leaders.
- Practice the art of LISTENING to each others.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God’s Holy Word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path and will hide its word in my heat that I might not sin against God.
I pledge allegiance to the AWANA flag, which stands for the AWANA Clubs, whose goal is to reach boys and girls with the gospel of Christ, and train them to serve Him.
What is AWANA?
AWANA clubs are weekly small groups for boys and girls ages 3 through 8th grade. They are committed to reaching boys and girls with the gospel of Christ and training them to serve Him.
Clubs we offer:
- Cubbies – Age 3 – school age
- Sparks – Begindergarden – 2nd grade
- T&T – 3rd -6th grade
- Trek – 7th -8th grade
The heartbeat of AWANA is reaching children around the world with the good news that Jesus Christ loves them and saves them from sin. Each week, boys and girls play games, memorize Bible verses, and participate in small group Bible studies and discussions. From preschool through 8th grade, children and youth have fun while being taught the Word of God and building friendships with other kids and adults.
Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Clubber Workbook (What You Should Know)
This Handbook is a vital tool to your child’s success in AWANA. It helps them to learn about God and it reinforces positive moral standards.
Here are some things to remember:
- Clubbers must have their Workbooks at Club to receive credit for sections passed.
- No more than two helps per section are given in order to receive credit, and sections are passed when said to an AWANA leader during Club time.
- Help your child be disciplined by helping them study their sections during the week.
- Do your best to explain the meaning of each verse. You will find that they memorize more quickly when they understand what they are memorizing.
- Bring your child regularly to Club each week and encourage them in every effort.
What we do to keep your kids safe!
We do a national, state, and county background check for all those who help with our AWANA ministry.
We keep a minimum of two workers in any given room while children are in the room.
Please Note: When dropping off your child or picking up, please use the EAST entrance of the church.